Majestic Mosselbay - Halfway between Cape Town & Port Elizabeth
This is why Mosselbay is called the ''DO STUFF'' destination.
Mossel Bay is a harbour town on the Garden Route in South Africa’s Western Cape Province. It’s known for the wide Santos Beach and the 19th-century Cape St. Blaize Lighthouse, which offers bay views. The Bartolomeu Dias Museum Complex includes the Maritime Museum, the Shell Museum and botanical gardens. The Post Office Tree, a milkwood tree in the complex, has been used as a mail collection point since the 1500s.
Iit’s perfectly perched on the edge of the Indian Ocean, and in the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains – so it’s got more attractions and adventures than you'll find in almost any other towns of its size. And it’s got 60 kilometres of beaches, too - and warm, year-round beach-going weather, with more than 300 days of sunshine in every 365!
Mossel Bay is situated exactly half way between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth (400 km in each direction) - so it's the ideal place to stay, and the ideal place from which to explore the Garden Route and the Klein Karoo and it’s conveniently close to the George Airport, which offers direct links to all of South Africa’s major transport hubs.
Please contact us to make your reservations, or to discuss designing your personal itinerary or incentive tour.
Things to do
Just SOME of Mossel Bay's attractions & activities
Please contact us to discuss whatyou’d like to include in your tour of Mossel Bay and the Garden Route coast.
- Archaeology – Point of Human Origins Tours
- Beaches - with a total of 60 km of sand, and four seasonal Blue Flag Beaches
- Bird watching (one suggestion: the bird hide at the Oyster Bay Reserve) Boat trips: boat-based whale watching and dolphin watching with Romonza, or educational trips around Seal Island with Seven Seas Pleasure Cruises
- Cultural tours to meet local artists at the Craft Art Workshop, or to visit Mossel Bay’s many museums (the Dias Museum Complex, the ATKV-Hartenbos Museum of the Great Trek, or the Great Brak River Museum of Local History)
- Deep sea fishing charters
- Fun and challenging 4x4 trails
- Game drives at a number of different locations – including
- Garden Route Game Lodge, Botlierskop Private Nature Reserve, etc.)
- Golf: Mossel Bay Golf Club - 18 holes, par 72 links-style course or Pinnacle Point Beach & Golf Resort - 18 holes, par 72 links course
- Luxury, guided walking – the Oystercatcher Trail
- Horseback safaris
- Mountain Biking
- Outeniqua Moon Percheron Stud – draft horses; horse cart and pony rides.
- Children's playground
- Oyster Bay Reserve - 330 ha community-based nature reserve with hiking trails and bird hide. Guided tours.
- Scuba diving, Shark cage diving & Sky diving
- Visit an aloe factory that produces cosmetics and health care products