Half way between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth - Mossel Bay
Why does Mossel Bay call itself the ‘Do stuff’ destination?
Well, it’s perfectly perched on the edge of the Indian Ocean, and in the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains – so it’s got more attractions and adventures than you'll find in almost any other towns of its size. And it’s got 60 kilometres of beaches, too - and warm, year-round beach-going weather, with more than 300 days of sunshine in every 365!
Mossel Bay is situated exactly half way between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth (400 km in each direction) - so it's the ideal place to stay, and the ideal place from which to explore the Garden Route and the Klein Karoo. And it’s conveniently close to the George Airport, which offers direct links to all of South Africa’s major transport hubs.
Please contact us to make your reservations, or to discuss designing your personal itinerary or incentive tour.
Things to do
Just SOME of Mossel Bay's attractions & activities
Please contact us to discuss whatyou’d like to include in your tour of Mossel Bay and the Garden Route coast.
- Archaeology – Point of Human Origins Tours
- Beaches - with a total of 60 km of sand, and four seasonal Blue Flag Beaches
- Bird watching (one suggestion: the bird hide at the Oyster Bay Reserve) Boat trips: boat-based whale watching and dolphin watching with Romonza, or educational trips around Seal Island with Seven Seas Pleasure Cruises
- Cultural tours to meet local artists at the Craft Art Workshop, or to visit Mossel Bay’s many museums (the Dias Museum Complex, the ATKV-Hartenbos Museum of the Great Trek, or the Great Brak River Museum of Local History)
- Deep sea fishing charters
- Fun and challenging 4x4 trails
- Game drives at a number of different locations – including
- Garden Route Game Lodge, Botlierskop Private Nature Reserve, etc.)
- Golf: Mossel Bay Golf Club - 18 holes, par 72 links-style course or Pinnacle Point Beach & Golf Resort - 18 holes, par 72 links course
- Luxury, guided walking – the Oystercatcher Trail
- Horseback safaris
- Mossel Bay Airfield - Scenic helicopter & fixed wing aircraft flips and charters (they also offer pilot training and aircraft maintenance)
- Mountain Biking
- Outeniqua Moon Percheron Stud – draft horses; horse cart and pony rides.
- Children's playground
- Oyster Bay Reserve - 330 ha community-based nature reserve with hiking trails and bird hide. Guided tours.
- Scuba diving
- Shark cage diving
- Sport rock climbing
- Tandem skydiving; static line and formation skydive training
- Visit an aloe factory that produces cosmetics and health care products
We recommend Sandpiper Guest Cottages – luxury, Cape-style fishermen’s cottages in the peaceful seaside village of Boggomsbaai.
Please contact us to make your reservations, or visit
for more information.